Social WorkDownload as PDF Add to favorites
Important lesson contents include history, theories and fields of social work, integration and interculturalism, methods and techniques of social work, youth work, mental disorders and their development, social work with the elderly and the disabled. The acquisition of legal knowledge is also essential, especially the content of social security codes, so as to be able to inform the client about their social rights and to bring administrative and organisational activities closer together.
Overview of the structure of the course (priorities):
• 1st-2nd semester: Principles, theories, social contexts
• 3rd-4th semester: Application areas in social work
• 5th-6th semester: Link between theory and practice, bachelor’s thesis
The field of activity of the social worker is interdisciplinary and covers management tasks and development aids of all ages, right up to providing support and advice within different social structures. Possible fields of work are:
• Family counselling
• Socio-educational family assistance/work with the elderly
• Pre-school education, school social work, media education
• Adult education, help in parenting
• Child and youth services
• Addiction counselling
• Street work
• Help for migrants and refugees
• Probation services
- General higher education entrance qualification (Hochschulreife), advanced technical college certificate (Fachhochschulreife)
Information about studying
Who offers this course?
Type of study
Qualification on completion
Bachelor of Arts
A special feature of the course is the close interrelation between theory and practice. Experienced practitioners teach students at Fresenius University. Early on, very concrete work priorities are set; case studies are always reality-based and use examples from real life.