Medical Education (M. Ed.)
Who offers this course?
MSH Medical School Hamburg
Part-time: 6 semesters
Type of Study
University of Applied Sciences studies
1 October (winter semester)
Part-time model at block weekends
Qualification on Completion
Master of Ed.
What is the content of the course of studies?
The “Master of Education” degree awarded in this degree programme fulfils the requirements set by the Standing Conference of the Ministers of Education and Cultural Affairs for access to traineeships.
- Domain-specific teaching professionalism
- School and curriculum development
- Vocational education research and development expertise
- Oncology and palliative medicine / care
- Health education and
- Health psychology diagnostics
- Civilisation and age-related diseases
- Business, law and society
- International microsociology
- Political theory and history of ideas
- Didactics and methodology of economics / social studies
Where can I find employment later on?
Employment can take place, among other things:
- as a theory teacher at public vocational schools
- as a theory teacher at schools
- in the health sector (technical colleges and vocational schools for health)
- in the personnel and organisational development of healthcare companies
- in associations, organisations, health insurance companies and other health and social care institutions
- in the management of interprofessional teams in health and social institutions
- in research and teaching / doctoral studies
What are the entry requirements?
- Relevant Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent degree and
- Authorisation to study in Master’s degree programmes in accordance with § 39 of the Hamburg Higher Education Act (HmbHG) and
- As a rule, a relevant vocational training programme as proof of practical work experience related to the professional specialisation.
- Proof of education for foreign degrees,
- For details on the recognition of relevance and practical work experience, see MSH admission regulations,
- Curriculum vitae in tabular form and two recent passport photos (name on reverse),
- Certificate of the required previous education with average grade,
- Copy of identity card (front and back), for foreign students identity card,
- Proof of completed professional training in the form of a professional licence and certificate
- Proof of previous employment,
- Proof of first degree, course book or degree certificate, if the applicant has already studied at other universities,
- Admission for lateral entrants possible.
In what fields/subject areas can I work?
The primary professional field of graduates of the Master’s degree programme in Medical Education (M. Ed.) is at schools in the healthcare sector as well as at vocational schools in the public school system.
If the relevant requirements are met, a doctorate can be pursued after successfully completing the Master’s degree.
What costs will I incur as part of my studies?
Tuition fee 495 euros per month, plus 100 euros one-off enrolment fee.
Funding opportunities: BAföG, federal government education loan programme, scholarships, student loan.