Who offers this course?
MSH Medical School Hamburg
Type of study
The Bachelor’s programme in Speech Therapy at the MSH Department of Performance, Neuroscience, Therapy and Health starts at the same time as the practical training as a speech therapist at one of the cooperating vocational schools. After six semesters accompanying the training and two semesters full-time, students acquire a double qualification consisting of the Bachelor of Science and the state-recognised professional qualification.
Qualification on completion
Bachelor of Science
What is the content of the course of studies?
The speech therapy degree programme is designed to be practice-oriented, but always keeps the latest scientific findings and methods in mind. The modules of this training-accompanying study programme are divided into the following four fields of competence:
- profession-specific competence (focus on the basics of speech therapy interventions)
- inter-professional competence (focus on soft skills such as team leadership and team development)
- extended professional competence (focus on neuro- and health sciences)
- Scientific competence (preparation for the final Bachelor’s thesis)
Where can I find employment later on?
In practices and clinics, in healthcare facilities, in educational institutions, in professional schools and colleges, independently in one’s own practice or consulting firm.
In what fields/subject areas can I work?
Speech therapy leads to a professional qualification in treatment therapy of speech therapy and language, speech, voice and swallowing disorders. After completing your studies, you will be able to independently alleviate and cure communication and speech problems.
What are the entry requirements?
- General higher education entrance qualification (Hochschulreife), advanced technical college certificate (Fachhochschulreife).
- Aptitude test and an ENT certificate (laryngoscopy and stroboscopic).
What costs will I incur as part of my studies?
Study tuition € 200.- per month for semester 1 to 6, € 450.- per month for semester 7 to 8, as well as a one-time registration fee of € 100.-